Heard a new one today when an offer was made to a client who had never been convicted of a felony. The offer was the ever-elusive 12.44(a) time (which is a felony conviction where the client serves misdemeanor time):
"You know, it would be one thing if I had already gotten an 'F' on my report card before, you know what I mean?"
An insider's view of what is really happening in the Harris County Criminal Courts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Guiney
I have been extremely fortunate in my 54 years of life to have never suddenly and unexpectedly lost a person I was close with. That all cha...
-
I have been extremely fortunate in my 54 years of life to have never suddenly and unexpectedly lost a person I was close with. That all cha...
-
One of the types of cases that bothered me tremendously when I was a Prosecutor and continues to bother me as a Defense Attorney is what are...
-
True confession time. I voted for Kim Ogg. It wasn't an easy decision. I had a few reservations about some of Kim's portrayals ...
1 comment:
I had a guy once who had about 15 misdemeanor convictions, and 3 state jail trips, and 4 tdc trips, but wanted 12.44a because he'd never had that particular kind of time before.
Post a Comment