Sunday, August 3, 2014

Max Christiana Schaffer

My thoughts and prayers are with my friend and fellow attorney, Kent Schaffer, on the loss of his daughter, Max, who passed away last week at the age of 28.

Although I don't know Kent as well as I know some other attorneys at the CJC, my wife and I had the opportunity to meet Max one time when she was at dinner with Kent.  The pride and love that Kent had and continues to have for her was very evident as he introduced us.

As a parent, I don't even want to begin to imagine all that he and his family are having to come to terms with.

I wish that there was something more that I could say that was more eloquent than this, but I hope that Kent knows that everyone in our criminal law community's heart is aching for his loss.

Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.


No comments:

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...