Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Couple of Outside Takes on the D.A. Race

I ran across two pieces today on the D.A.'s race.

The first was from the Houston Press, which offered a comparison chart between Bradford and Lykos. It was actually pretty damn funny, if it weren't so sadly true. Yet again, reading the Houston Press, I become depressed that they aren't the dominant Houston newspaper, rather than the Chronicle. Their writing (although very liberal) at least looks at both sides of the issues and has insightful writing.

The other part I read was from Off the Kuff in an article entitled "Early Overview of the DA Race". Again, dammit, I'm having a hard time isolating that particular article off the page, but scroll down and find it. It's a good article, and I agree with it whole-heartedly. The only part I question is that I thought it was documented somewhere that C.O. Bradford was waaaaaaaay ahead in the fundraising department (but I could be wrong about that).

Anyway, it is worth the read.

1 comment:

anonymous c said...

A friend showed me that Houston Press breakdown last night. I was crackin' up!

They clearly see the lunacy of the two available choices.

It's a shame, then, that they never responded to my (and probably others) million attempts to get them to cover your Lykos work, AHCL. :-(

The Siegler/Bradford breakdown would have looked much different.

Argh!

Write-in! Write-in! Write-in!

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...