Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Michael Berry Show Tonight

I was listening to the Michael Berry Show tonight on 740 KTRH tonight on my drive home, and he was discussing Pat Lykos' negative campaigning.

I was driving, so I couldn't take notes (which, believe it or not, I usually try to do before I report on something I heard on the television or radio).

But here was the gist of it:

His biggest point was that when politicians can't give you a reason why you should vote FOR them, then they will typically try to deflect all criticism (regarding their lack of qualifications) by attacking their opponents with negative personal attacks.

He went on to mention that voters that are opposed to that style of Negative Campaigning have the opportunity to express that thought with their votes against candidates who want to run campaigns like that.

Finally, he pointed out that if a voter wants to support Law and Order, then a good guide for that would be to see who the candidate is that all the police organizations and unions are supporting.

And, oh, by the way, ALL of the police organizations and unions that have made endorsements have endorsed Kelly Siegler.

5 comments:

hcresident said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Anonymous said...

The fact that you listen to Michael Berry is very revealing.

Murray Newman said...

Um, okay. I also listen to the Beatles and Buddy Holly. What does that reveal?

Anonymous said...

You like a backbeat.

Anonymous said...

You like stuff on the radio that starts with "B"?

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...