Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy (Belated) New Year!

Last year at New Year's, I posted that I had gone to Florida to make the damn year of 2008 end an hour earlier. It was a rough one.

This year, I headed out to West Texas to make 2009 last a little bit longer, because it was a hell of a lot better year than its predecessor. Apparently life as a Member of the Defense Bar agrees with me.

I realize that 2009 was not quite as a good of a year for some of my friends.

So, here's to hoping for a great 2010 for everybody involved.

Win, lose or draw, I'm sure it's going to be an interesting one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in west Texas? Some of my favorite camping and hiking spots are out there.

A Harris County Lawyer said...

We went to Ft. Davis and Marfa, primarily, with a day trip to Big Bend on New Year's Day. It was a blast.

Anonymous said...

All good places. Most people think there's nothing to do after you pass San Antonio, but they're missing out. Some of our best state parks are out there.