Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy (Belated) New Year!

Last year at New Year's, I posted that I had gone to Florida to make the damn year of 2008 end an hour earlier. It was a rough one.

This year, I headed out to West Texas to make 2009 last a little bit longer, because it was a hell of a lot better year than its predecessor. Apparently life as a Member of the Defense Bar agrees with me.

I realize that 2009 was not quite as a good of a year for some of my friends.

So, here's to hoping for a great 2010 for everybody involved.

Win, lose or draw, I'm sure it's going to be an interesting one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in west Texas? Some of my favorite camping and hiking spots are out there.

Murray Newman said...

We went to Ft. Davis and Marfa, primarily, with a day trip to Big Bend on New Year's Day. It was a blast.

Anonymous said...

All good places. Most people think there's nothing to do after you pass San Antonio, but they're missing out. Some of our best state parks are out there.

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...