Friday, January 29, 2010

The Race for County Court at Law # 9 (Democrat)

For our next contested primary, we jump from Court Four all the way to Court #9, where Democratic candidates Juanita Barner and Silvia Pubchara-Munoz are facing off to see who will run against Republican Incumbent Judge Analia Wilkerson.

Although I know both Juanita and Silvia from work, I can't say that I've ever tried a case agaist either of them, nor have I ever seen them in trial.

I have no gripes or concerns about either of the candidates from a professional standpoint, but I have to say that I always enjoyed working with Juanita much more so than Silvia. Juanita is just so much more pleasant to deal with. My experiences with her have always been that she was candid and friendly about her cases.

Other than that, I don't have that much to add to this contest, but let me know your thoughts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juanita is nice, but doesn't have anything I'd look for in a judge. I want a judge who is both smart and tries cases, and I never saw much if either out of her. Sylvia pubchara was a disaster in the trial I had with her, and borderline incompetent. I'd rather write in Lloyd Oliver than vote for either. Damn.

Anonymous said...

Sylvia Pubchara has no business being a judge. I tried a case against her, and even I felt a little bad for the defendant. She did not have an understanding of many of the most basic legal concepts. And she is frankly rude.

Anonymous said...

This is unquestionably the worst race for the citizens. Wilkerson is not smart, and is quite subborn about her ignorance. Juanita is nice, but as 3:32 said, she isn't judge material. And Sylvia? Wow. The kindest thing I can say is that she shouldn't be judge. I am going to write in Norm Silverman.

Anonymous said...

Anybody is better than Analia.

Anonymous said...

I have seen Juanita in trial. She fought hard and competently in her trial when the Judge Susan Brown was ruling against her at every turn. She never gave up. I think she got a hung jury. Also must point out that she sure gets a great deal of No Bills... might explain why she doesn't have to try a lot of cases. LOL.
Don't know much at all about Ms. Pubchara. Consensus from court house is that she is rude.

Anonymous said...

Juanita Barner have no business running for judge. We had her as an attorney and it was a disaster. She lied to us several times and basically took our money. She was not prepared at all in the courtroom. Please do not vote her as judge, she needed a little bit more of law school if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

Juanita should be Judge, she is a great defense attorney, she knows when to make the right move, she knows how to make the correct decision on an adamit case. Juanita Barner is by far the only lawyer that when she see the case at being B*S she can push it to being nothing at all.

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...