Sunday, March 9, 2008

Now that I've gotten that out of my system . . .

You may have noticed that for the past two days that I've been running a "bit" of a rant on Pat Lykos. The reason for splurge in Lykos stories is I had a link with an entire slew of stories regarding Lykos' bad behavior that the Chronicle wrote in the 1980 and 1990s, and I wanted those stories to be available for people who are interested in this election. The link was sent to me by a couple of my regular readers.

The Houston Chronicle is obviously not going to run these stories, although they seem willing to dig back 20 years to find things on Kelly Siegler. My goal was to even the playing field a little bit, since I don't anticipate the Chronicle listing these articles.

I will now go back to my regularly scheduled programming of talking about general things of interest around the courthouse . . .

8 comments:

Mark Bennett said...

Can you share with us the link that you were sent?

Murray Newman said...

The links are listed in the individual posts that I wrote. I got them all together in an e-mail.

Anonymous said...

The Chronicle is clearly saving those articles for the general election, where they most certainly will back Bradford. They look for any way they can to f- us over. I'm sure this will be no exception. Kelly is clearly the only candidate even close to qualified who is left in the race.

jigmeister said...

Mark,

If you archive the name Lykos on the Chronicle Arhives, you can find these stories.

Unfortunately they only go back to 85. Lykos was on the bench since 80 if I remember right.

Makig was quite a character. Before him, Mary Flood reported for the Chronicle. Too bad you can't archive the Post. They covered the courts much better.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say they covered it better. They probably didn't have the current restraints that the current writers have. The current writers have to publish articles that fit the agenda. Alan should be ashamed that his integrity has been so blatantly compromised. Surely he knows how to search the archives that ACHL has.

By the way,word on the streets is that the Chronicle is losing readership at an astounding rate. Those within the industry are predicting the Chronicle will be done in two years.

Ron in Houston said...

So, do you feel better now?

Actually, you really are doing a public service by publishing these stories.

People need to understand who they're voting for.

anonymous c said...

I one hundred percent agree with Ron about that!

Thank you, AHCL! :-)

Unknown said...

Judging by how the Pravda's website has changed, clearly they're adjusting to the decrease in circulation. Newspaper circulation is down all over (i.e. New York Times). BTW, I hear Rick Casey spoke at a Republican gathering this morning and ridiculed Bradford's lack of experience in prosecuting.

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...