Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!

At the end of 2013, I found myself looking very forward to the idea of 2014 being a much less eventful year.  Having fought a small battle with a very curable strain of leukemia and then rolling straight into the birth of my youngest son, I was a little exhausted this time last year.

Luckily, 2014 was a much less eventful year.  My family and I moved into a new house, but compared to the events of the preceding year, that was a walk in the park.

I did stay pretty busy all year -- both at work and on the home front.  That aforementioned youngest son didn't start sleeping through the night until after he celebrated his first birthday in October.  Sleep around the house was a precious commodity.

I'm writing all of that as a lame way of explaining why I haven't been writing much at all lately.  For the few remaining readers of this blog, I'm going to try to step it up a notch.  I like writing and I miss it.

My goal for 2015 is to write at least a post a day a week.  Not necessarily long and thoughtful posts like my friend Scott "Don't Call Me Prolific" Greenfield is able to write everyday, but hopefully something.  There has obviously been plenty to talk about in the Criminal Justice World lately, I just haven't managed to find the time to do so.

Here's to a good 2015 with plenty to talk about.

Happy New Year, everyone!

3 comments:

Rick Horowitz said...

Congratulations on winning the 2014 Jdog Criminal Law Blog award. Well-deserved.

Your post that won really gets to the "heart" of the differences between CDLs and DDAs, and I think I'm going to riff off that idea as my first post of 2015.

Okay if I hold you to your NY resolution about posting at least once a week? I'll do it if you will! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Miss reading your perspective in happenings around the courthouse, Mr. Newman. Whether ey be as thought provoking as your award winning post or just a few random oughts... Its nice to see how others perceive our CJ world and Im grateful for you giving them that platform.

Alex Bunin said...

I voted for your Jdog, but I chose "Belief:The Darryl Tyndol Case." Congrats.

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...