Saturday, February 11, 2023

Life at the Harris County Criminal Justice Center: The TikTok Channel

 So, as evidenced by the fact that I haven't written a blog post in several months, I don't have a lot of time to sit down and blog like I used.  That's not a bad thing.  In addition to having a busier work schedule over the past few years, keeping up with my kids' activities pretty much has me on the go all day long.

There have been plenty of times that I've seen a topic that I wanted to do a blog post on (like, say for instance, my thoughts on the November elections) but by the time I have time to sit around and actually write the blog post, its already become old news (like, say for instance, my thoughts on the November elections).

I still love talking about the CJC and all of the things going on in it.  I just need to find a way to talk about it that doesn't involve hours of writing.

So, I discovered this little-known medium called TikTok that nobody has ever heard of and decided that it really needed a pudgy bald guy to share his thoughts on a relatively obscure topic.  

I cannot begin to describe how painfully awkward making a video narrative is, and I detest the way I both look and sound on camera.  However, I do think it is a faster way to talk about ongoing topics at the courthouse, so I'm giving it a shot.  I've done three videos so far, including one on Sean Teare's not-so-shocking departure from the Office yesterday.  Feel free to check them out if you have a couple of minutes of your life that you'll never get back.

Just for the record, I completely intend on keeping the blog up and running and plan to return to it when I'm able.  Some things just need to be written down.

In the meantime, you can find the TikTok page here or look for @lifeattheharriscountycjc on the app. 

It should go without saying that the TikTok views do not reflect the views of my law partner, Cheryl Chapell, who has graciously refrained from rolling her eyes at this project in my presence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Murray any way you can also post them on twitter for those government employees who may not be allowed to use tiktok

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...