Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Revolt of the Machines

I know that blaming technology is my favorite scapegoating activity when it comes to problems on the blog, but the damn electronics department has seemed out to get me the past couple of weeks.

First of all, the Great Blogging Spirit of the Sky has somehow arbitrarily decided to stop alerting me whenever I get a new comment, which means that I have no idea when somebody has posted a comment on the blog. It was kind of funny, actually, because first it trickled off, and then it just stopped altogether. So, now I've learned to just check my comments box on the computer at least twice daily.

Then, the mother of all blogging catastrophes happened this week when my laptop crashed altogether. I kept getting messages about the "device" I had installed wasn't allowing the computer to start up. I found this to be very interesting since I had not installed any devices on the computer since . . . uh, ever.

Thankfully, a good friend with a lot more technological know-how fixed the lap top, so we are back in business again.

Now I just have to think of something to write about.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Other than email notifications, go to your 'manage posts' menu and bring up the list of your posts. On the right side of the screen it will tell you how many comments you have for that post. For example, under this post, the right side will read '1 comment.'

BTW: You don't know if an ADA is mouthing off about an officer who called him to the mat over the phone last week do you?

;-)

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...