Sunday, August 17, 2008

Jolanda Jones to the Rescue

I was driving along the Westpark Tollroad this afternoon, when I noticed that there were numerous pylons along the raised exit that merges it into Highway 59. I figured there had probably been an accident over the weekend, but didn't give it much thought otherwise.

Imagine my surprise this evening when I was watching Fox 26 and saw this story explaining what had happened there.

A few days ago, I wrote that my friend, Jolanda was a conflict addict. At the time, I didn't realize that the Conflict Addiction included running into a burning car!

A lot of us wonder what we would do if faced with a situation like the one Jolanda and her son were faced with over the weekend. I know we would all like to think we would have done the same thing. But, I guess until we have a burning car with someone trapped in it sitting right in front of us, we will never know how we would perform.

I know that Jolanda gets a lot of flack for the things she says and the things she does, but on this day, her actions spoke a lot louder than her words.

Way to go, Jolanda!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive.....sheds a new light on Jolanda.

Jason said...

I agree, she did a hell of a job. However there were other people out there who deserve an "atta boy" as well and it bothers me that they weren't mentioned other than "good Samaritan."

I mean, let's be fair here.

Kese said...

Never met the woman, and haven't been impressed with what I've read, heard (directly or indirectly). Having said all that, my reaction was the same as yours when I heard the news this weekend. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Jo earned the nickname of Hero with that one. Way to go.

Tex

Anonymous said...

Jo earned the nickname of Hero with that one. Way to go.

Tex

Anonymous said...

Jo earned the nickname of Hero with that one. Way to go.

Tex

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...