Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Bit of Good News . . .

In a year that has pretty much roundly stunk, I did get a little bit of good news last weekend when I got an e-mail from my friend, Jim, who I had previously written about here and here.

He told me that he had been in lockdown and had, subsequently, "gotten scared straight" and was clean and sober.

Being a natural skeptic, I was glad to hear from him, but wondering how much reality was behind it.

And then I got an e-mail from Jim's dad, saying that Jim was doing really well and was looking and feeling better than he had seen him in many years.

I remain cautiously optimistic about Jim. I'm thankful for all the thoughts and prayers that he received from people that he has never met. And I'm very glad for the fact that Jim has a family that could show him "tough love", without ever losing the "love".

There are way too many people out there that don't have that type of support network out there to make this a possibility.

I'm hopeful that Jim's story does ultimately have a happy resolution.

In the meantime, please keep him and his family in your prayers.

No comments:

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...